UX designer wanted!
Do you want to design the User Experience of our Microgrid Simulation Roomand our Microgrid Test Container during a work placement?
The OGTC is looking for a driven and passionate HBO trainee. You are expected to follow a study in the direction of Business and you have a feeling for design and multimedia design or you are expected to follow a study Multimedia design with a passion for business. We offer the opportunity
to use your skills by designing the User Experience of a Microgrid Simulation Room and a Microgrid Test Container.
neighborhood or a factory. You can use the micro grid separately from the energy network (= off grid) or linked to the network.
A microgrid can also be made "smart". A smart grid is an energy grid to which a smart measurement and control system has been added. This ensures that the supply of the various energy sources can be tailored to demand. This smart meter looks for example at:
- Wind speed (at a high wind speed, energy will largely come from wind turbines)
- Sun intensity (with a high sun intensity, energy will largely come from solar collectors)
- Net energy price used (due to a positive fluctuation in the energy price it could be beneficial to get energy from the Dutch network)
Which assignments will you carry out?
- Develop a User Experience for a Microgrid Digital Simulation Room
- Develop User Experience for a Microgrid Test Container
Identify business opportunities for Microgids solutions
What are you going to do?
- Conversations and panels with "visitors" (1 + 2) and users (3) for a needs analysis.
- Validate assumptions by users and visitors (Lean startup approach)
- Translate needs into several options or concepts
- Realizing options and concepts in design and visualisations
- Develop business opportunities in a number of Business Model Canvasses
Visitors / users are:
- Companies that want to use / use a micro grid for energy supply
- Policy and decision makers who want to gain insight into the functioning of a micro grid
- Students who want to gain insight into micro grids and test configurations
What do we expect?
- Passion and passion
- Team player
- Interest in sustainable energy
What do we offer?
- An appropriate internship allowance
- Freedom / space to take initiatives